myworldinwordsandpages

myworldinwordsandpages

Book Review: Rusted Veins

Rusted Veins - Jaye Wells

Sabina is returning home from her duty filled European trip. A home town that livens up at Halloween, New Orleans. Halloween is just days away. Gighul gets the night away from home and wants to hang with Sabina and Adam, like the old days, at Erron's for dinner. Erron shares news that his concert won't happen on Halloween after what his psychic bassist saw. And Brooks rushes in late with terrible news of a missing waitress who had a date with a vampire two nights ago and hasn't been home since. Brooks is terrified for the girl as she once was into drugs and, well, vampire! Gighul and Adam are ready to go find Candy, but Sabina isn't as gun ho especially after she learns the girl is an ex of Adam's.

I don't want to say to much and give the story away. I enjoy this world and seeing these characters again.

I was a little surprised to see Sabina was living in New Orleans, then not so much with the friends she made here and the thinness of the veil between life and death - with her connections and all.

Sabina. Oh I loved the evil and wicked Sabina. The saucy woman ready to draw her gun and shoot first. Sabina has grown and changed with the position she has inherited. And the people around her have loved her and it shows. Sabina seems to be managing well as head of the Dark Races Cabinet. Sabina has matured! She still has a stubborn streak, but she's learning.

We hear, see, names we are very familiar with. Michael Romulus, Queen Maeve, Rhea, Maisie, and yes Adam. Then we have the one and only Gighul. But there are so many more that are present in this short read. It's amazing how Jaye was able to bring such a cast together in a quick read.

It is so cool to see them all again. To see where they all went and became. They are all still the same feisty bunch we meet but time and life has taken each to a new level in their lives.

Definitely read this AFTER you finish the series up. The first page tells you how it all ends and the way things are now for everyone.