myworldinwordsandpages

myworldinwordsandpages

Tyger Tyger - Kersten Hamilton Teagan is a sixteen year old girl who lives with her parents, Aileen - an author and artist of children's fantasy books and John - works at the library and a way with words, and younger brother Aiden who has a knack for music and a huge music fanatic. The family home sounds like a relaxed and fun home to grow up in. Teagan does great in school, has a job at the zoo working with the animals, and a bright future ahead of her - all planned out. Teagan has a way with animals. Then one day Teagan's mother informs them all that their cousin, Finn - whose parents passed away in a car accident a few years back, is coming to live with them. Teagan learns that he is not a blood related cousin, as her mother was was taken in by Mamieo, an loving Irish Traveler coming to America.

I enjoyed the story of Teagan, Aiden, and Finn. The adventures they travel through are fun and interesting. The fantasy world Teagan and Aiden are introduced to with Finn is bright and dark. I was surprised in the turn of events in the story line, which pleased me greatly.

Please don't let this being a young adult read stop you from enjoying it. It will be an easy and quick read but it is so enjoyable with the goblins and sidhe creatures you meet along the way. Then the interaction of the characters is wonderful. The writing of the characters made it easy for me to enjoy and like them. The characters learn some things about themselves through the book, some good and some not so good. But that is what gives the room for growth in the characters.

I loved how the story connected with the characters. This is hard to explain, but the things you learn about the characters in the beginning of the story really are in relation to something in the world or worlds and it is great to watch as it all unfolds and comes together along with making the connections to the characters. I enjoyed the secondary characters meet along the way. Each has it's own story yet links all together nicely. And they where all of a different... being.

I seem to have a thing for the Celtic feel in books. I love the Irish mythology and feel to this read. There is a lot here to work with to come up with future books.

This is a great fantasy read for young readers as well. They would enjoy starting in a world they can relate to, just like ours, then moving into a fantasy realm as well. This book has a wonderful mix of adventure, action, and just a touch of love to keep the kids going on in the pages. This book would be a wonderful read for both boys and girls alike.

This is a book I have to get in hard copy form for on my shelves. I want to share it with my son and other friend when they come to visit to get them to go get their own copies. To me this book is worth keeping around, I would love to visit this world again and again.