myworldinwordsandpages

myworldinwordsandpages

Killbox - Ann Aguirre Jax is with March and crew jumping again, leaving Ithiss-Tor. She quits her job as ambassador and they are heading back to Emry Station where Surge and Kora have taken charge. Jax agrees to train her first apprentice jumper. The Conglomerate now needs to work on creating policing ships to help protect the space and different worlds from pirates, slavers , the Syndicate, and other troubles lurking. Chancellor Tarn has asked for March's help... Jax learns she is an all new type of jumper... and she just might be able to help save them all...

I like how this book pulls from the last 2 books to work them together. Emry Station and technology. Angus who we learned in Doubleblind has J-gene, and the dream of March's and others from Lachion to create a new academy for jumpers. Jax starts down this path with new methods, ideas, and technology.

Jax seems to be at the top of the game here. She has become the hero type from the influence of March and the crew. And March gets a glimpse of how it feels to be on the other side watching those you love risk their own life for others. Jax has learned a lot about herself in the previous book and in this book it just accelerates. I know I say this with each book, but Jax has come a long way since the nav star she was way back before the series started and she does remind herself off and on. Jax takes on some new technology and things to improve herself, which comes greatly handy. She even shares her DNA to make jumpers better. But the information she gathers to help with the drives and even a few other pieces is what leads us to the ending of this book. Jax has become wonderful at thinking outside the box, which Farwan didn't want jumpers to do. Jax puzzles the pieces together to come up with a wonderful yet heart wrenching idea. War is in full swing, and Jax has an idea to at least slow the Morguts down.

We have a new mysterious, yet key character that shows up here. We only get a small feel for this person through letters passed between this person and Chancellor Tarn. I'm not even sure who or what this character is yet. Or if we have ever met him prior. I don't think so, but don't really know.

I think this book has become my favorite out of the series thus far. There is much that happens here. Jax has to learn to let go of what she is holding so close, what she never had until she met March and the crew. The crew has become a family and close friends. The crew does have to separate here as they need to spreed the knowledge they share with others to defeat the Murgot's and the army they have created with the war starting. A whole new species comes back to life here. Jax and March are even tested to their limits to try to think of the bigger result other than just their love for each other.

As much as I loved broken March, I really liked Commander March too. Oh, I was mad with him at first but who can stay mad at March? Not I or even Jax. Vel isn't as prominent in this book, but the few scenes he and Jax share; Jax pulls at the heart strings regarding her close friend. Who would have thought I could love a bug so... We do see Jax's mother again, surprise surprise, and in a new light as well.

I think this book is the best book of the series yet! Full of action and information. We do get more details here with some technological upgrades, but they are not overly bearing to take over the story. In this book we focus more on the war at hand and the battles that must be won.

The end left me thinking they forgot to attach pages and my jaw hanging open, stuttering. Jax, Hit,... March? The Morguts! Now What!?! Leaves you WANTING Aftermath, which is now available. I CAN'T WAIT to get it on my doorstep here soon. Yes, I ordered my copy already.