myworldinwordsandpages

myworldinwordsandpages

Heir of Novron - Michael J. Sullivan Outstanding journey, that left me in amazement. Wow. Just plain wow. Top Shelf keeper!
2 bks separated
Wintertide:
Royce and Hadrian ride into Aquesta ragged and cold from the journey. Many people are coming to Aquesta for the upcoming Wintertide Celebration, one month away. The news has spread that Modina is to be married and the Nationalist leader Degan Gaunt will be executed, all as part of the celebrations. Melengar has fallen to the Imperial Empire. With this many worries come to mind...How's Gwen? Arista? Alric? So much to happen and worry about and questions to answer.

I got a chuckle at the beginning of this book with the small group of young thieves we meet. But, by now we are all well acquainted with the characters and ready for Michael to bring them back to life for us. I was excited to be back into this world ~ its comfortable to me and I want to see where we are going with the situations the characters were left in, in Emerald Storm. Again, I couldn't put it down. I just had to know what would happen to these characters left in a little bit of a tight spot.

Michael did a great job of setting up for this book with the previous ones and using what he had available in all aspects of the world. There is nothing new pulled out of thin air or make you wonder 'where did that come from', everything we need and know have been laid out for us, but now tied together to answer questions for us. Many of the smaller unknowns and lose ends are tied up here, within a captivating story in which Michael brings all the characters together and to demise, good or bad.

Percepliquis:
Men are fighting for their kingdom and homes against attackers we have feared would come. Arista's having horrible nightmares, Royce is depressed after the ending in Wintertide, and Hadrian feels guilt. The kingdoms are coming together under the ruling heir, Modina, as predicted, but without the horn it might all be destroyed. Our friends through the series have one last quest, that could be the death of them but with out it they will die anyway, they all want or need to go on, for different reasons but for the same result, to save man kind.

Screaming from the rooftops, MASTERFUL! This is THE way to end a magnificent fantasy series.

Michael weaves all the books together into this one, pulling pieces together and setting the world; past, present and future, in clear view for us. Just amazing the way Michael took two plain and simple thieves, to create an outstanding series and amazing ending.

This one book holds all the missing pieces we didn't realize we were missing, yet piecing all the secreted comments throughout the series together to complete everything. Michael has taken a series to all different levels through out this series, and this book is a fabulous ending to it all!

I laughed and cried and worried. Both for happiness and sadness, of many reasons -- the characters and their hardships and humor. I have to say I LOVED this book, such a perfect ending. I can't describe how well the ending fit for me, all the way to the last sentence. I don't think I can write a review that will give this book it's well deserved justice, or even the series itself. I am just floored with it all; the story, the characters, the depth of the world completed. All of it completed. And an action packed finale.

I was afraid the team wouldn't have their spark, but they had it. Oh they had it. Seeing the characters grow and live through emotions is what makes the book the best, digging deep in us to care. All the characters have their numerous shining moments.